Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We're Having a Heatwave!




I'm sharing some pictures taken on Monday.   A heatwave?  Well, we will be seeing above freezing weather the next few days around here, and rain beginning tomorrow.  At least, that is the current forecast.  Monday  our cooperative classes were cancelled because of a predicted snowsquall.  Fortunately, that didn't happen, so instead we spent our morning doing physical education by shoveling off the driveway!  This picture shows that our snow piles out front are indeed shrinking, though the back deck photo shows what happens when no sunshine shines on the snow!  It is on the north side of the house, and while it gets no sunshine right now, we are hoping it means for cooler summer dining al fresco!  

So many exclamation points!  The reason, I suspect is that I am excited about tomorrow.   I will be boarding a jet in Detroit and landing in Houston at 5 pm to visit with our Houston based daughters.  Definitely a heat wave for me!   So much fun, and yet, sad, too.  Just wish we could all go down together.  

Mary and Peter stay home with Tom.  He gets to take them to their fencing classes.   Fencing as in learning the fine art of swinging an epee at an opponent, as opposed to vocational class.  
They will  take in a Knights hockey game on Friday night and have another visit with the family catechism group (which I wish I didn't have to miss).

In the meantime, I'll be taking care of Houston business, hoping to connect with more than a few friends while I'm there.  And just relishing my short time with our daughters.  They are awesome young women!  Well, at least in Tom's and my eyes.   

Meghan is picking me up at the airport and will be spending as much time that day as she can with me.  This weekend she will be camping with her fellow St. Augustine residents and the FSE's.  (Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist who oversee the Augustine program.)

Friday I will be trying to sort out college financial aid, and tuition issues at UST, pay property taxes, drive by our Houston house and visit with friends!  That night I'll be attending the UST drama production of Charlie's Aunt with my good friend Rebecca.   Kate is stage manager, and she tells me via phone that it is an exhausting job that is far more work than being on stage as an actor.  I know she is up to it, and it gives her the perfect opportunity to legitimately boss people around.

Saturday Liz, Kate and I will be heading to the extravagant bridal fair at George R. Brown convention center.  We'll be joined by Liz's future mom-in-law.  It should prove to be a wonderful morning.  With luck, too, I'll be able to visit our "home" parish, and attend Mass on Saturday in their new church!  I'm definitely looking forward to being able to be inside the new church instead of just peering through windows, as we did before our relocation north.

Sunday sees me in airports, flying back to Detroit, then on the bus back to London.  

No comments:

Post a Comment