Sunday, December 19, 2010

O Radix Jesse

"O Root of Jesse (O Radix Jesse): O Root of Jesse, that stands for ensign of the people, before whom the kings keep silence and unto whom the Gentiles shall make supplication: come, to deliver us, and tarry not."

Deep roots, deep in history keep us grounded back to the very beginning when the Word spoke.   On a personal level, my familial roots remind me that my ancestors who were devout believers are standing before God, interceding for not just me, for all my family who have, for whatever reason, abandoned a practice of faith. My they intercede for me, and for all our living family, to deepen our awareness of God, how He has so blessed each of us, and may we be led back to those roots and a faithful practice of our faith.  Not for the sake of practice, but in adoration of our loving God and Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment